CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, 10 November 2009

A Mothers Prayer

I found this poem and just love it, it has hit a very personal chord with me, hope you like it.

A Mothers Prayer
I closed my eyes and prayed to the goddess today
i asked what makes a mother and i know i heard her say
"a mother has a baby, this we know is true"

But Goddess can you be a mother when your baby's not with you?
"yes you can" she replied with confidence in her voice
"i give many women babies, when they leave its not their choice

Some i send for a lifetime and others for a day
and some i send to feel your womb but theres no need to stay"

I dont understand this goddess, i want my baby here.
She took a breath and cleared her throat and then i saw a tear

I wish i could show you what your child is doing today
if you could see your child smile with the other children and say
"we go to Earth to learn our lessons of love and life and fear
my Mummy loved me oh so much i got to come straight here

I feel so lucky to have a mum who had so much love for me
i learnt my lesson very quick my mummy set me free
i miss my mummy oh so much but i visit her everyday
when she goes to sleep, on her pillow is where i lay

I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek and whisper in her ear
mummy dont be sad today, im your baby and im here"

So you see my dear sweet one your children are ok
your babies are here in my house and this is where they'll stay
they'll wait with me until your lesson is through
and on that day that you come home they'll be at the gates for you

So now you see what makes a mother
its a feeling in your heart
it's the love you have so much of right from the start

Though some on earth may not realise that you are a mother till their time is done
they'll be up here with me one day and know that you are the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment