CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Jessica Sprague's Holidays in hand

Jessica Sprague's Holidays in hand

I have joined up to a free online course called Holidays in Hand by Jessica Sprague. I am sort of copying my sister as she did this last year, but I loved her album so much I thought that I would give it a go this year, although im not so sure I will find the time to do something everyday!!

The first assignment is to look at our values and goals for the holiday season, It has taken me ages but I think I have done ok!!

First things first!

My Family is not religious, We celebrate xmas as a time to come together with the people we love, and to share gifts as a token of that love. We all go to my sisters house xmas day and enjoy a nice dinner, and spending time together, this is really the only day of the year that we do this, as we all have pretty hectic lives, so its hard to find time to spend with each other. About 6 years ago I followed in my sisters footsteps and became a Pagan, I find this a much better way of life, so at xmas time I do not celebrate the birth of Christ, but celebrate Yule, which is a celebration of the Sun God returning. We still decorate the tree and put flashy lights up!!

My goals for Yule this year are:

  1. Keep it simple, don’t go overboard on the gifts, everyone already has enough junk!
  2. Choose a charity to donate money to in my sister’s name (we do this for each other instead of buying gifts!)
  3. Really try and get my Holidays in Hand album done!
  4. To offer more help to those who need it (especially my sister as she has 8 people to cook for this year!)
  5. Not to get stressed out when the children are being too noisy!
  6. MAKE SURE WE HAVE BATTERIES XMAS DAY OR THE CHILDREN WILL BE DISSAPOINTED WHEN THEY CANT PLAY WITH THEIR NEW TOYS!
Ok so there are not loads but im sure I will think of more to add as the days go on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment